Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Centauri Agent

A quick note:

One of my absolute favorite bands, Natural Snow Buildings, released an online only, free LP a few weeks ago. I've mentioned this band here before, putting two of their albums in my best of the decade list, and another in my top albums of 2009.

They play beautiful ambient droney music, using a lot of folk instruments. I can't recommend them enough, and this new album, The Centauri Agent, is a great place to start. I'd call it their most accessible work, given that it' a relatively brief (for them) 1 hour and 40 minutes, and it's on the internet. Usually these albums go out of print in about a week, it seems.

The writer of the fantastic music blog A Future in Noise has it up for free.

the link:
http://www.afutureinnoise.com/2010/03/natural-snow-buildings-centauri-agent.html

No comments:

Post a Comment